Here is a easy recipe that I have been seeing floating all over the internet, and have been wanting to try. I added a few of my own ideas into this recipe for Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed Bell Peppers, and it was a winner! Watch as I show you just how I did it.
Had a few people ask where I got the chopper at that I used in this video and other videos. You can buy it at amazon.com by clicking this link: http://amzn.to/1pah3hs
Download our Smoky Ribs app here: http://smokyribs.mobapp.at/landing/De…
Strip steaks 2 (new york strip steaks used)
Bell pepper 4 Large, tops removed and deseeded
Kosher salt To Taste
Black pepper To Taste
Cayenne To Taste
Chopped onion 1 Cup (16 tbs)
Chopped mushrooms 1 Cup (16 tbs)
Extra virgin olive oil 3 Tablespoon
Provolone cheese 8 Ounce, shredded
Butter 3 Tablespoon
Garlic clove 2 , minced
Crema mexicana 8 Tablespoon
1. Prepare the grill.
2. Place the steaks on a flat surface and sprinkle with salt, pepper and cayenne on both the sides. Set aside.
3. Place the steaks on the prepared grill and allow to sear. You do not have to cook them completely since they will be stuffed in the bell peppers. Remove from the grill and slice into bite size pieces.
4. In a skillet, heat the olive oil. Add the onion and allow to sweat. Now add the mushrooms and garlic, sprinkle with salt, pepper and cayenne. Allow to cook for 15 – 20 minutes.
5. Add the sliced steak and mix well. Remove from the heat and set aside.
6. In the prepared bell peppers, put one tablespoon of Crema Mexicana followed by some provolone cheese. now spoon in the steak and mushroom mixture.
7. Place the bell peppers on the smoker at 350 degrees, and allow to smoke for 30 minutes.
8. At this point, add some more Crema Mexicana and top with provolone cheese. Cook for another 5 minutes.
9. Serve hot.
“Music courtesy of Audio Network”